The bathroom is perhaps the most important place in a house when it comes to the need of cleaning. Disinfecting your bathroom is essential for maintaining hygiene and to avoid health complexities. Germs love to breed in places like bathrooms because they are extremely humid and remain wet almost throughout the day. Think of a stinky bathroom with slippery floors and dirty vanities. Sounds horrible right? In this article, I will tell you a few techniques of cleaning the various components of a bathroom.
Take a look.
- Clean the toilet – Toilets are the most bacteria prone place in a washroom. Bacteria are present not only in the toilet bowl but also on the flush and toilet seat. Science says that the bacteria get more released in the air every time you flush and it is recommended that you flush it with the lid closed. Apart from that, you should clean the toilet thoroughly at least once every week. Nowadays, you will see a lot of branded companies are manufacturing various bathroom cleaners. Invest in one and pour it all around the toilet bowl and leave it for some time before using a toilet brush for scrubbing every inch of the toilet.
- Clean the vanity– Modern bathroom vanities are available in a variety of designs and sizes. But installing one is just not enough. You need to take proper care of the vanity so that the classy look of your bathroom remains intact even years after getting the vanity. Remove all items like toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, towels, soaps, etc. from the vanity before you start cleaning it. You can wipe the entire place with a cloth before applying anything else so that makeup powder, loose hair strands, dry dust, etc can be cleaned in the beginning only. Then you can apply the cleaner. Before applying the cleaner on the vanity, do check the label and see if it is appropriate for the material of your bathroom vanity. It can be made of wood, ceramic, cultured marble or stone. Once you use the cleaner all over your vanity, make sure you dry it with a towel and not a drop of residue remains. If there are any stubborn stains or marks, you can use baking soda or vinegar on it. Buy good vanities from companies which manufacture kitchen cabinets.
- Cleaning the floors – The most hectic part of cleaning a bathroom is this one. And that is why that you don’t leave it unclean for days because that makes the job even worse. Use traditional water and soap to sweep the floors. Or you can even use bathroom acids. If you see some stubborn marks, you can use a water pressure cleaner.
- Clean the glass doors and shower glass – These are the most delicate parts of a bathroom. Avoid abrasive cleaners like sandpaper or pumice to clean these places. Pine oil is great cleaners when it comes to glass. Make a proper mixture of pine oil and water or use normal glass cleaners available widely in the market.
- Clean the bathtub – Soap residue and bath oils, keep the tub wet almost all the time, thus making it a perfect place for bacteria and fungi to breed. Spray the tub with some generous amount of all-purpose cleaner and let it be there for some time before you start scrubbing it with a brush. Make sure you clean every corner of the bathtub Rinse it thoroughly after that.
Now, you know the ways of cleaning various parts of a bathroom. So, you don’t need to worry when it comes to cleaning techniques of modern bathroom vanities, floors, bathtubs, etc.