The real challenge for many homeowners is renovating their home so that it adds value should they ever decide to sell it while also improving their lifestyle while they are living there. The best modifications to the home are those that are durable, long lasting, low maintenance, and add real sales value.
One of the selling tricks that real estate agents use to make a home look more attractive to potential buyers is making sure that as much light as possible is flooding into the home. Opening curtains and blinds is the key to letting more light into a home. This creates a sense of air and space, as well as the perception that the home is more attractive and liveable. When a potential buyer perceives these qualities, the chances of securing a sale increase.
The Value of Plantation Shutters
If your home features heavy curtains and obscured windows, one of the most durable and affordable ways to let in more light is to install plantation shutters. This type of traditional shutter features horizontal slats, typically constructed of high quality wood or aluminium, which can easily be opened or closed.
Consider the following benefits of installing plantation shutters:
- Light: First and foremost, plantations shutters are easy to operate and let light fill your home. In this way, you can control how much light enters a room. Open the slats completely to let the most light in, or just open them halfway to let less light in.
- Privacy: If you desire more privacy, plantation shutters are easily closed, even by the infirm or elderly.
- Durable: The wooden or aluminium shutters are designed to be low maintenance and to have a long life. Even if you’re not planning on selling your home in a hurry, having them installed means that you can enjoy them while you live there, knowing that they will last for years.
- Fresh: The value of letting fresh air into a home cannot be underestimated. An easy to use system allows one to control just how much fresh air and light is allowed into a room. A home full of fresh air feels airier and more spacious.
- Visual impact: Finally, installing one of the many plantation shutters in Melbourne from a variety of experienced vendors simply provides a cleaner look than old curtains. Sitting neatly inside the window space, a plantation shutter takes up less room and creates a pleasant visual impact.
Add Real Value to Your Home Without All of the Cost
Having good quality plantation shutters installed means that you can start filling your home with sunlight and fresh air quickly and easily. As a home renovation idea, installing shutters represents a cost-effective way to improve usability and visual impact without spending too much or over investing. The key to adding real value to any property is to ensure that you get the most out of the renovation or product without having spent too much.